|Difficulty Rating:||World Boss|
|HP:|| Normal: 97,000|
- Permanent Effect: Relentless
- Can Cast: Slam – Frontal cone attack (red/orange waves), can be interrupted.
- Can Cast: Rending the Veil – Environment turns blue and foggy, boss cannot be engaged, Ur-Things spawn.
- Can Cast: Cosmic Sundering – Stun and significant damage attack (if not instant kill) on any player who does not LoS the boss during.
- Can Cast: Pulverize – Destroys a pillar, rendering it unusable for Line of Sight. This is only cast while the Ur-Draug is in it's "Rendering the Veil" form.
- Can Cast: Cosmic Gaze – Chanelled ability (blue breath) that places a significant DoT on the target (near instant kill), can be interrupted.
- Can Cast: Extinction – Significant point blank AoE on the boss
- Can summon Ur-Thing (1,400 HP) a few at a time during Rending the Veil, which themselves can cast Primordial Hysteria
This encounter is mostly a race against time. Can the players kill the Ur-Draug before they make a fatal mistake and get killed. Technically, it is not difficulty, but errors are typically fatal.
There are 3 basic "Phases" to this fight, although he will alternate between the first two phases for awhile.
Phase 1: (Normal Phase) Is your typical fight. The tank gets his attention, and everyone tries to kill him as fast as possible
- All players except the tank should stay behind, or to the side of, the Ur-Draug. His Slam and Cosmic Gaze attacks will typically kill any DPS character caught in it.
- When the Ur-Draug returns to his starting position on his own (and you should also get a text/radio report about dimensional shift) he is about to cast Rending the Veil and go into the other phase.
- He will sometimes disappear under water, come back up in a different location, and start casting Extinction. This is an extremely large AoE that covers most of the area. It will be noticeable by "white waves" coming out from him over the water. The only way to avoid taking damage from this attack is to find a rock to hide behind before he finishes casting it.
Phase 2: (Blue Phase) After casting Rending the Veil the world goes "bluish". During this time, the Ur-Draug is extremely deadly, and players must not only avoid him but even avoid being seen by him.
- The Ur-Draug will walk around the area looking for players
- Hide behind the rock pillars so he cannot see you
- He summons Ur-Things to find you and attack you. Do not let them pull you from your hiding place while fighting them, and do not forget to keep an eye out for the Ur-Draug approaching.
- If he catches any player in the open, he casts Cosmic Sundering on them. This freezes them in place and starts a TAoE on them. The initial target, and anyone else caught in the AoE are tossed for a significant distance, take a serious amount of damage, and if they survive must look for a new rock to hide behind as quickly as possible.
- As the fight progresses, he will use Pulverize while in this phase to destroy a rock column. That column no longer provides cover for players, and any using it to hide behind must find a new hiding spot before getting caught in his Cosmic Sundering.
- After a period of time, he will drop below the water, the "bluish" tint will disappear, and he has returned back to phase 1 of the fight.
Phase 3: (Fake Blue Phase) If the Ur-Draug appears to cast Rendering the Veil and the world goes blueish, without him returning to his original start position, this is a "fake blue phase". Players should not avoid him like a normal blue phase, but should continue to attack him using the same strategies as a normal phase.