Death and Axes
|Death and Axes|
|Location:||The Owl and Eagle|
|Starting Coords:||1044, 1026|
|End location:||955, 800|
|Added in:||Update 1.2|
Sophie, born close to the supernatural, is particularly sensitive to the spirits of the wronged. Recent events in the valley haven't made her life easier - but even before the dark pall descended, something tugged at her. Unravel its story.
- Forest God: You should, perhaps, ingest some of your own brew, to make the mind pictures fade.
- Sophie: But I'm working, sweet. I can't drink at work. It'll pass. It always does.
- Sophie: (noticing you) Sorry, I didn't see you. Was just...taking a break.
- Sophie: I'm sensitive to...to pain.
- Sophie: Not my own. Other people's pain.
- Sophie: People I know, and those people I don't know too, but at least only people.
- Sophie: The strigoi...the bloodsuckers, vampires. I don't empathise with them.
- Sophie: Their pain does nothing to me. Them I... Ow.
- Forest God: Who was it this time? Who fell?
- Forest God: Every day, another falls.
- Forest God: So many have succumbed to the vampires and to other, darker things, deep in our old forest.
- Forest God: There is no safe place for any of us any longer.
- Forest God: Not even from humans who ought to know the Law.
- Sophie: First few days, I could barely stand up. There was death everywhere, people I've known my whole life, villagers, farmers, my own family.
- Forest God: They are at rest now, Sophie, in the woods on the other side.
- Forest God: There they run with the deer through the glades, and soar with the birds into the clear blue sky.
- Sophie: Not everyone, not all of them.
- Sophie: Some deaths are incomplete, some dead are restless, and they...rummage.
- Sophie: In my head. Like they're looking for something, pulling open drawers and closets. I feel them knocking about.
- Sophie: There was much that happened down there, on the farms, when the vampires came.
- Sophie: Horrible, horrible things. Death isn't the worst thing someone can do to you.
- Sophie: Make sure you watch out for the dead as well as the undead when you're out there.
- Sophie: The dead that walk are bothersome, but the dead that don't...
- Sophie: They have stories to tell, and we need to listen.
- Tier 1: Tier Objective Text
- List objectives
- 872,705 Experience total
- 99,740 XP per tier for tiers 1 thru 4
- 398,940 XP for completion of tier 5
- 20,000 Pax Romana
- 4 Sequins of Transylvania
The townsfolk of Harbaburesti could not see things clearly. It required an outside force. An inspector from Cluj. An agent of the Dragon. Outsiders are free of local prejudices. They see things for what they are.
The world is no different. We cannot make sense of our own nightmare, and so we wait for an outside force to rouse us. But there is no one. No Martian inspectors are coming.
That is why the Dragon encourage us to detach ourselves, to forget, to become something more - or less - than human.
Today, one of the silent ones came and disconnected many of those around me, because - he said - they did not unlearn their names. I have unlearned. I, apparently, am no one.
I'm going to pretend I didn't just watch an episode of CSI: Harbaburesti. Your primary interest here was getting the barmaid on our side? Because she's sensitive to the occult and you feel we can use this? I'm going to give you a chance to convince me.
Try to understand something. When we negotiate in places all over the world, we make sure to do so from positions of power. However, when stories start to leak about our agents taking on charity cases, it doesn't play in our favor. Ugh. You better at least have gotten free drinks out of this.
There are far too many Cains in this world. I am all too well aware. In such grisly scenarios as this, one almost comes to expect that the brother did it. The Butchering of the girl's parents, however? That seems a bit much, even if the little black birds did tell him to do it.
Make no mistake, the revenant that stabbed at the heart of Aron Sasu was a terror worthy of your time. We shall be dire straits indeed when evil of this sort seems to us ordinary and trivial.
There are 5 tiers to this mission.
- Confront the spirit that torments Sophie
You've had to do this in previous missions
In order to talk to the dead, you need to be dead to. Die (or /reset) and go into The Owl and Eagle while in Anima form
- Gather more information concerning this ghost
You have to come back alive to continue your search
The ghost says "Ioan Patrascu".
The tavern registry (behind Sophie) has an Ioan Patrascu as signing into room 1
Go upstairs into room 1 and read the "Harbaburesti Note"
- Find clues on the case Ioan Patrascu was investigating
The note, in Romanian says - "Mihail sasu a fost gasit mort, spanzurat de gat. a fost chemat un comisar de politie de la cluj. Nu asa merg lucrurile in harbaburesti. spune-i patrascu numai ceea ce trebuie spus si da-i viteza. Dupa aceea o sa ne ocupam de treaba asta asa cum stim noi. De vreme ce spiritul bietului baiat se tot invarte pe aici, i-am putea intreba ce isi aminteste. Daca este tulburat, ii vom aduce pacea. Daca arata cu degetul, vom face dreptate."
In English the note says - "Mihail Sassu was found dead, hanged. A police inspector was called from Cluj. Things don’t work like this in Harbarburesti. Tell Patrashcu only what he need to know and leave asap. After that we'll take care of things, our way. As long as the poor boy’s spirit is still around, we should ask him what he remembers. If he’s troubled, will bring him peace, if he points with his finger, will do him justice."
Ioan is the police inspector, maybe he kept notes on his computer
On Ioan's computer, in that room, ignore the menu and type "Mihail Sasu"
- Go to first crime scene
- Go where Mihail Sasu's corpse was found, in Lovers' Creek, at (1000, 695).
- Examine the crime scene
- Interact with the cell phone at 997, 705.
- Examine cell phone
- Use the cell phone in your inventory.
- The message roughly translates to "Minutes expired. Now it's in your hands. Find."
- Continue to examine the crime scene
- Interact with the love letter at 994, 713.
- The love letter roughly translates to:
- When you sleep late at night the spirits talk through your mouth. They don’t say nice things. Such horrors should not be coming from you, from your sweet face. Let’s run together far from the secrets of this town and from this valley of ghosts. I worked on Olaru’s land this weekend, along with your parents. They like me pretty well. I didn’t have the courage to tell them that I hope I’ll kidnap you. Come with me to the farm, Sunday. I can be brave. I’ll tell them I want to build our future together in the town, Do you want to come?
- Find more clues
- There is a bottle of wine and cigaret pack at 974, 702. Interact with them.
- Follow the letter clue
Head to the Olaru Farm where Mihail asked Sophie to meet him
- Find Sophie's father
Look for a body at (1150, 834)
- Find Sophie's mother
Look for a body at (1106, 875)
- Find clues next to Sophie's father body
It isn't a physical clue
You need to be dead when you go near his body.
You can hear the ghost saying "V...L" when you select it
- Find clues next to Sophie's mother body
Same as with her father. But this ghost says "1...5...9..."
- Analyze the clues with Ioan computer
Enter the ghosts clues into the computer - "VL159"
- Use the clues to accuse the murderer
- If you accuse the wrong person - you'll have to come back to the computer to restart this step
Use Ioan's computer to use evidence find the suspect
Harbaburesti is in Bacas County of Transylvania
You found cigarettes at the crime scene, broken glasses near the father, dark (brown) hair near the mother
The evidence should lead you to Aron Sasu
Using "Mihail Sasu" in the computer tells you he lived at house number 106 at (1088,1112). Aron Sasu, being a relative, lives there as well. Go to house number 106 to find Aron Sasu. Use "/accuse" to accuse him.
- Kill Accused
- Examine Accused
Aron Sasu's notebook
- The notebook is right next to the person you accused.
- Find Ioan Patrascu's body
Am stiut intotdeauna ca salbaticia o inbeste. Spiritele se asaza in jurul ei precum cainii langa foc. Insa anul acesta, cand a condus paparuda, mi-am dat seamu ca si en o inbesc.
Am gasit scrisorile fratelui meu. Scrisori catre ea. Chiar trebuie oare sa ne intrecem la toate? Atunci asa sa fie – Si fie ca cel mai bun dintre noi sa-i afle numele adevara.
Lumina din ochii ei a stralucit pentru o Clipa, apoi a pierit. A incercat s-o ascunda, insa am stiut. M-a luat drept el. L-a ales pe el. Daca eu nu o pot avea, de ce sa o aiba el?
Nu asa mi-am inchipuit eu de-loc nu mi-am inchipuit asa. Sa ma intorc singur de pe podul indragostitilor. Sa ma intorc criminal. Pasarile negre se strang la fereastra mea. Daca adorm, o sa-mi scoata ochii.
A venit un politist de la oras. Pasarile negre mi-au spus-o in clipocitul apei din uluci.
Razand ca tevile de scurgere, azi-noupte, in-au dus la ferma. pacatuiesc iar si iar. im are un gust sarat, ci dulce. Dulce ca otrava de soboiani.
daca eu nu o pot avea, de ce sa o aiba altcineva?
Politistul stie ca eu am fost. Se joaca cu mine asa cum o pasare neagra incoiteste sarmanul miel. nu va muri in somn, ca ceilalti.
Bolboroselile intunericului, iuresul iubitilor si fratilor morti. Imi spune sa aduc politistul. Adu-l acolo unde a inceput ura mea.
I always knew she loves wilderness. The spirits hover around her like a dog around a fire. Sadly, I realized this year that I also love her.
I found my brother’s letters to her. Do we really have to compete for everything? So be it. The best amongst us should find her real name.
For a moment there was a shining light in her eyes . It disappeared after a while. She tried to hide it, but I knew. She took me for him (my brother?) She chose him. If I can’t have her, why should he?
I never ever believed this was possible. To return alone from the lovers bridge. To return as a criminal. The black birds fly towards my window. If I sleep they will pluck my eyes.
A policeman came from the town. The black birds told me.
Tonight at the farm..I have sinned again..it gave me a sweet and sour taste… sweet as rat poison, If I can’t have her why would anybody else?
The policeman knows it was me. He plays with me, like a eagle around his prey. He’s not going to die sleeping, like the others.
The darkness mutterings, the lovers and dead brothers’ excitement, tells me to bring the cop. Bring him where my hatred started.
The note mentions returning from the lovers bridge as a criminal
Go to bridge over Lovers' Creek, at (943, 797). The body is under the bridge
- Kill the Herald of Hatred