- Main article: Cabals
Cabals in The Secret World are equivalent to guilds in other MMORPGs. Very little information has been released regarding cabals except that they will play a vital role in PvP. Players are not required to join cabals in order to play the game, but will have more content open to them if they do join one.
Creating a cabal
At the moment, it is unclear what the requirements to creating a cabal will be. There has been no mention if there will be monetary requirements for chartering a cabal or whether there will be a member number requisite. All cabals must align themselves with a specific secret society in the game and a cabal can only have same faction members.
The lore states it is called "Cabal", but the commands in-game calls it guild.
/ help Cabal
Will give you the commands, enabling you to make a guild, promote and demote people. It will give you your own Guild channel in a separate tab as well. When you log on you will get a MoTD (Message of The Day).
/ cabal (create guildname) | (rename newname) | (invite [name]) | promote | demote | remove | leave | (sendmoney amount) | (withdrawmoney amount) | message
Another benefit to being part of a cabal is that there will be cabal housing in the game. Little information has been released on housing, however, it has been confirmed that the housing will reside outside the faction headquarters. Cabals will be able to furnish and decorate their housing.
Also, there will be streamlined leader boards tracking the success of cabals. These leader boards not only measure in PvP, but also other aspects such as exploration, crafting, and PvE missions. The leader boards will grant rewards to those holding the number one spot such as special titles for cabals or players. They will be available both inside and outside of the game.
- Main article: Groups
Groups (or party) refers to completing tasks with other players through a game mechanic that acknowledges your cooperation. Parties can have up to five players for regular missions, while raids allow up to ten players.
How to Create a Group
If you are the other player you can click them and right-click the box with their health bar and choose the invite to group option.
If you see someone talking in the chat, you can invite the person by right-clicking the name.
In the Friend's View Window (Shift-F)
Type in the Chat command: /invite (name of character)
- Main article: Raids
TSW will launch without raids, but they will come in future content updates.
- ↑ http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/404/feature/5045/Getting-a-Little-Less-Secret.html
- ↑ http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=30991
- ↑ http://crygaia.net/wiki/Sept_10_Twitter_Interview
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/the-secret-world/news/6217088/the-secret-world-updated-impressions?sid=6217088&mode=previews
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5356125/the-secret-world-revealed-factions-progression-and-pvp
- ↑ http://massively.joystiq.com/2009/09/10/pax-2009-dark-mysteries-of-the-secret-world-part-2/
- ↑ http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/The-Secret-World/interview/The-Secret-World-Things-Man-Shouldnt-Know
- ↑ http://www.elecplay.com/watch/21/212/2/13#
- ↑ http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/96296/page/3
- ↑ http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showpost.php?p=721577&postcount=435