|This Secret World location article requires more information and is a stub. You can help TSW Wiki by expanding it.|
Agartha refers to a realm beneath the surface of the world. The concept of the area stems from the hollow Earth theory, which states that the planet is not solid; rather it has a whole, mostly unexplored, world inside of it. Agartha is used to travel between distant locations in a fraction of the time it would take on the surface. 
Agartha, "a place of mystery, of discovery," contains ancient living machines in addition to the portals players use for fast, global travel. Previously, Ragnar Tørnquist has compared the method to the Ways in the The Wheel of Time novels.
Lore provided by The Bees which inhabit Agartha caution that only those touched by The Buzzing can enter Agartha, as there is some sort of planar frequency shift that only they can withstand. They fail to explain exactly what happens to the uninitiated, but according to The Bees, it "...precipitates a mess discord."
Missions involved in
- Rogue Agent (Dragon)
- Rogue Agent (Illuminati)
- To Catch a Thief (Templar version of Rogue Agent)
- I Walk Into Empty
- None. Falling off the branches merely brings you back to the entrance platform.
This location is not included in any current in-game achievements.
- The quickest way to get back to the entrance platform is to jump off the side of the branches
- There is a "speed portal" between each entrance exit that will take you to the next entrance/exit, as well as one at each end of the branch that will take you to the next (or previous) branch
- Initially for each Region (Solomon Island, Valley of the Sun God, Transylvania, etc) you cannot enter any portal/zone for that region except the first one. In order to enter the 2nd or 3rd portals you first have to discover (click on) the Agartha Portal from inside that zone. From then on you'll be able to use the portal from the Agartha side.
Since the beginning of the ARG, there have been hints that there is a world beneath our own. The Poem was transcribed with the words "Amundsen found it under the ice." Since then, along with The Photo and At the Door events, the community gathered that a world exists below the very one they inhabit, and several gateways to that realm can be found around the world.
Aveline Belmont tasked the community with helping her get through one doorway into Agartha in search of clues to her great-grandfather's past. The Sanctuary of Secrets was directly affected by Aveline opening the entrance.